Venture on an incredible adventure – Spain & Morocco Motorcycle Tour. Travel from the picks of the Atlas Mountains to the sand dunes of the Sahara Desert and the beaches of the Atlantic Ocean. Every day is a new discovery! This is the Gateway to Africa, this is Morocco!
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Spain & Morocco Motorcycle Tour
Africa is calling…
Venture on an incredible adventure – Spain & Morocco Motorcycle Tour. Ride Southern Europe and North Africa on a 15-day journey. Travel from the picks of the Atlas Mountains to the sand dunes of the Sahara Desert and the beaches of the Atlantic Ocean. Every day is a new discovery! This is the Gateway to Africa, this is Morocco!
The itinerary begins on Costa del Sol in the city of Malaga, Southern Spain.
The accommodation is carefully selected so you can feel the Moroccan atmosphere. Spend the night in small family run Kasbahs or Riads and count the stars on an incredible night in the desert. 1 night in a tent in the middle of the Sand Dunes of the Sahara will prove to be an unforgettable experience. Sitting at a bonfire under the desert sky listening to the drums played by the local Berbers will make you feel as you are part of 1001 nights stories.
Visiting the Medina of Fez and Marrakesh will be a unique experience. Walk the narrow-cobbled streets and admire the traditional produce in display. All the walking will make you hungry and a traditional Moroccan tajine will delight you. Add a refreshing Casablanca beer and you will have the perfect combination.
Highlights of this
Spain & Morocco Motorcycle Tour
- High Atlas and Middle Atlas Mountains motorcycle rides
- Tizi-n Tichka Pass – 2,260 meters above the sea level
- Dades Gorges – ride the famous hair pins curves of Morocco
- Chefchaouen – the Blue Pearl of Morocco
- Todra Gorge – one of the most spectacular canyons in the World
- City of Fez – also known as the Athens of Africa
- Camel Ride at Sand Dunes of Erg Chebbi
- Volubilis – best preserved roman ruins in Morocco
- Crossing the Strait of Gibraltar
Guaranteed Departure Dates:
- 2021, March 31 – guaranteed to depart
- 2022, March 30 – guaranteed to depart
available on different dates for private groups
!!!Book Now and get advantage of our Early Booking Offer
|Price**/1 rider*||Price**/1 co-rider*||
Single supplement (private room)
Rider with BMW G650GS
Rider with BMW F800GS
Rider with BMW F750GS
Rider with BMW F850GS
Rider with BMW R1200GS
Rider with BMW R1200GS LC
Rider with BMW R1250GS
|*Price is based on two people sharing a double room. The price is based on 4 riders traveling together. Should the number of riders change, price may alter.
Special offer for Early Booking available for bookings made until December 23 – 2020!
We accept MasterCard and Visa on our on-line secure internet payment form, MasterCard, Visa via fax and phone.
We also accept payments by bank transfer and most noteworthy Western Union.
Click here to see our Reservations page for more details.
I’m seriously considering booking this motorcycle tour
click here to provide us with your name, telephone number, preferred time of calling and we will get back to you
Special notes and Info
Spain & Morocco Motorcycle Tour
- Duration of the tour: 15 days
- Riding days: 12 days
- Total distance: Approximately 2670 km/ 1660 miles
- Shortest ride: – 2h
- Longest ride: – 5h30min
- Skill level: intermediate (experience in taking hairpin curves is required as well as riding small sections of gravel road)
- Lodging type: good quality Hotels (3* and 4*) + 1 night in tents
- Rides: on paved roads as well as on small sections of gravel roads
- Starting point: Malaga Airport, Costa del Sol, Malaga, Spain
Where you’ll stay in this motorcycle tour
click here to see the selection of hotels we use during our motorcycle tours. The accommodation is chosen either for its convenient location in the center of the city or in nature with amazing views.
Advice for Canadians traveling abroad
According with Canadian government the following advice are to be followed:
Before you go
- Confirm your passport is valid for 6 months from when you think your trip will end. Don’t get stranded.
- Get comprehensive travel insurance to cover you and your gear. Get insurance that’s right for you and covers your activities in the places you’ll go. Remember, regardless of how healthy and fit you are, if you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel.
- Consider your physical and mental health. Get advice from your doctor if you’re unsure.
- See your doctor or travel clinic 8 weeks before you go for a basic health check
- Check if your medication is legal and available in the places you’re going. Take enough of your prescribed medicines to last the whole trip. Carry copies of your prescription and a letter from your doctor.
- Tell your bank you’re travelling and check if your cards will work. Have several payment options.
- If you’ll drive overseas check out the local traffic laws and practices. You’re likely to need an International Driving Permit (IDP) as well as your Australian driver’s license.
- Share your itinerary with friends or family members. Give them copies of your passport
Holidays don’t always go as planned. If you’re going overseas, travel insurance is as important as a passport. Without it, you or your family could suffer financially if things go wrong. No matter who you are, where you’re going and what you’re doing, get insurance.
Travel insurance is especially important if you need medical assistance. Healthcare overseas can be very expensive. Most countries won’t give you free care, or subsidies the cost of your care. You, or your insurer, must usually pay full price.
Travel Advice for Canadians visiting Romania
Keep your personal belongings close. Lock hotel and train compartment doors from the inside.
Drink spiking is an issue, especially in Bucharest’s Old Town. Don’t accept food, drinks, gum or cigarettes from people you’ve just met.
Dating and marriage scams occur.
Only use ATMs in banks, shops and shopping centers, especially at night. Always keep your credit card in sight. Be wary of people you’ve met online.
Penalties for drug offences are severe. They can include jail sentences of up to 20 years.
By law, you must always carry photo ID. Keep your passport in a safe place. Carry a photocopy.
It’s illegal to take photos of airports, military sites or other secure locations.
It’s illegal to engage in sex work or have sexual relations with a person under 18.
Same-sex relationships are legal in Romania, but not widely accepted.
The Canadian Consulate in Bucharest provides limited consular and passport assistance.
You can get full consular help from the Canadian Embassy in Romania.
Read more advice for Canadians traveling abroad!
Please check your Day by Day itinerary below:
Malaga, ESP (Europe)Welcome to Costa del Sol, the city of Malaga, beautiful Spain. A walk in the city center reveals monuments from the Phoenician, Roman, Arabic and Christian eras making it an open air museum. Try the traditional Spanish cuisine and prepare for the 2 wheel adventure.
Malaga – Ronda – Algeciras213 km – about 4hrs30min riding Used as a fortified post by the romans, the village of Ronda is known for its 18 century Puente Nuevo over El Tajo Gorge. Continue your journey to the Bay of Gibraltar. Evening in Algeciras, Spain.
Algeciras, ESP (Europe) – Ceuta, ESP (Africa) – Tetuan – Chefchaouen (MA, Africa)146 km – about 4hrs51min riding Cross the Strait of Gibraltar. Connecting the Atlantic Ocean to the Mediterranean Sea the straight separates Gibraltar and Peninsular Spain in Europe from Morocco in Africa. Continue your adventure riding Riff Mountains to Chefchaouen, known as the Blue Pearl of Morocco.
Chefchaouen – Volubilis – Fez250 km – about 4hrs20min riding Morning ride to Volubilis - the ancient capital of the kingdom of Mauretania, one of Morocco’s best preserved Roman Ruins. Continue your journey with the city of Fez also known as the Mecca of the West. Spend the night in a traditional Riad and enjoy a walk in the Medina Fes el Bali, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
FezEnjoy a rest day in Fez. Also known as Athens of Africa, Fez will offer you the opportunity to tour the local souk, visit the oldest tannery in Africa, meet the local artisans and try the delicious street food. How does camel meat sound?
Fez – Er Rachidia336 km – about 5hrs15min riding Tizi N Tlghoumte Pass crossing the Atlas Mountains is next on our adventure. The sinuous road takes us to the famous Tunnel Zabal also known as the Tunnel of the Legionaries. The 50 m long the tunnel was built by the French foreign legion in 1930 and the Valley of the Ziz River. Evening in Er Rachidia.
Er Rachidia – Merzouga120 km – 2hrs riding The scenery changes as we ride in the Merzouga Desert to the Sand Dunes of Erg Chebbi. Enjoy the view of the large seas of dunes formed by wind-blown sand, mount on your camel and ride to the sunset in the desert. Accommodation in tents in a desert camp with traditional Moroccan dinner will be an authentic experience.
Merzouga – Tinghir304 km – about 5hrs30min Close to Tinghir you will find one of the most spectacular canyons in the World. When the high rocks close in around the road you are riding on, you know you arrived in Todra Gorge. Evening in Tinghir.
Tinghir – Boulmane Dades – Ouarzazate212 km – about 4hrs10min riding Orchards of fig, almonds and olives sit at the foot of the mighty Atlas Mountain. Offering a dramatic landscape each turn offers a new view of the valley. Continue the journey to Ouarzazate, a caramel colored oasis. A noted film-making location, Ouarzazate is the place where Lawrence of Arabia, The Mummy or the Gladiator movies were filmed.
Ouarzazate – Tizi-n Tichka Pass – Marrakech197 km – about 3hrs50min riding Continue the Route of 1000 Kasbahs and cross High Atlas Mountains. Stop at Ait Benhadou Kasbah, a fortified village along the former caravan route between Sahara Desert and Marrakech - UNESCO World Heritage Site. Cross Tizi-n Tichka Pass - reaching 2,260m above the sea level it is the highest major mountain pass in North Africa. Evening in Marrakech.
Marrakechfree day You can choose to explore the red city of Marrakech with its Majorelle Garden, Jemaa El Fna Square and Koutoubia Mosque. If you choose to ride we recommend a motorbike ride on Tiz-n-Test Pass, 2100m in altitude or an adventure on the Port of Essaouira where you can buy your fish directly from the fishermen and have the locals fry it on the spot for you. Evening in Marrakech.
Marrakech - Rabatabout 2hrs riding Ride north of Morocco along the Atlantic Ocean Coastline to its capital city – Rabat. Whitewashed houses, narrow streets and Rabat Medina make it a great place to wonder. Evening in Rabat.
Rabat – Tangier313 km - 4hrs40min Ride to Hercules Caves on the NW Coast of the Atlantic Ocean close to Cape Spartel. Continue your journey to Tangier. The city has been described as exotic mystery, interesting history, beautiful vistas, unspoiled beaches. Evening in Tangier.
Tangier, MA (Africa) – Tarifa, ESP (Europe) – Malaga201 km – about 4hrs10min riding Today we leave Africa behind. Catch the morning ferry to Tarifa (Spain) put the wheels of your motorbike on Europe Land and ride on the Mediterranean Coast to Malaga. Evening in Malaga.
MalagaCatch your flight back home or expand your vacation. Spain has many treasures waiting to be discovered.
- Services of a ride leader
- Services of a mechanic
- Services of a support vehicle to carry luggage, spares, etc.
- Mechanical spares, servicing and repairs
- First aid kit
- Daily briefing and map package
- Accommodation: 13 nights accommodation in very good 3* and 4* hotels and 1 authentic night in desert camp (tents)
- Meals: 14 breakfasts, 3 dinners (1 of them in the desert)
Top box for daily personal use
Motorcycle third party liability insurance
Return airport transfers
Camel ride in Erg Chebbi Sand Dunes
Crossing the Gibraltar strait by ferry (both ways)
- Most of the meals
- road taxes and tolls
- parking fees
- Traffic fines
- Repair and/or recovery costs to the motorcycle for loss or damage caused by negligence or failing to heed ride leaders directive
- Medical costs – it is a pre-requisite that all clients have comprehensive medical insurance that covers for riding a motorcycle over 650cc in foreign countries
- Activities not mentioned on the itinerary
- International flights
- Personal spending money
Additional insurance coverage available on request at an extra cost.
No Details Found